Parents working in the classroom is one way we keep the cost of our preschool affordable. All families work in the classroom. There is not a “buy-out” or an opportunity to do other jobs in place of your classroom work days.
|Early Childhood||Pre-Kindergarten||5 Day Pre-K|
|$180 per month||$245 per month||$425 per month|
|About once every 5th day of class
|About once every other week
|About once every 5th class day
On your work day you will have many responsibilities:
- Prepping materials for class projects
- Running a station with children
- Preparing & cleaning-up after snack
- Helping supervise children on the playground
- Directing children to an activity or friend
- Assisting the teacher with children, projects, etc
- Preparing the classroom for the next class
We welcome parents and grandparents to participate in the classroom on workdays. All adults in the classroom must have a negative TB test, Measles, & Pertussis immunization on file with the preschool.
All our parent workers must be able to understand and communicate in both written and spoken English. In an emergency, working parents assist the teachers in keeping our children safe. They must be able to read, listen, and follow directions to see our children to safety.