Working in the Classroom
Parents working in the classroom is one way we keep the cost of our preschool affordable. All families work in the classroom. There is not a “buy-out” or an opportunity to do other jobs in place of your classroom work days.
|Early Childhood||Pre-Kindergarten||5-Day Pre-Kindergarten|
|$210 per month (2021-22)||$265 per month (2021-22)||$470 per month (2021-22)|
About once every 5th day of class
About once every other week
About once every 5th class day
On your work day you will have many responsibilities:
- Prepping materials for class projects
- Running a station with children
- Preparing and cleaning-up after snack
- Helping supervise children on the playground
- Directing children to an activity or friend
- Assisting the teacher with children, projects, etc.
- Preparing the classroom for the next class
We welcome parents and grandparents to participate in the classroom on workdays. All adults in the classroom must have a negative TB test, Measles and Pertussis immunization on file with the preschool. Please find our additional COVID-19 safety measures on our homepage.
All of our working parents must be able to understand and communicate in both written and spoken English. In an emergency, working parents assist the teachers in keeping our children safe. They must be able to read, listen and follow directions to see our children to safety.