Register Your Child
Before you register:
- Schedule an observation to:
- Visit the classrooms.
- Meet our teachers in action.
- Observe what you’d be doing as a Working Parent.
- Read through the Information Handbook to:
- Find more details about tuition, registration and working in the classroom.
- Understand what it means to be part of a parent participation preschool.
- Decide if Laurelwood Preschool is a good fit for your family.
- Consider if your child is ready for preschool by asking yourself:
- Is my child able to sit and listen during circle time?
- Is my child able to follow directions?
- Is my child able to take turns?
- Is my child able to make right decisions and choices?
- Is my child able to raise his/her hand to talk during circle time?
- Is my child able to share toys and supplies?
- Is my child able to interact with other children, adults and parents?
If you answered “yes” to the above, we welcome you to register.
Spaces are very limited for the 2019-2020 school year. If you are interested in enrolling in the 2019-2020 school year, please contact our Business Manager as soon as possible at LaurelwoodPreschool@yahoo.com or (408) 656-8795.
Registration for currently enrolled families begins on February 7, 2020.
Registration for alumni and new families begins on February 10, 2020.
Registration will continue until the classes are filled.
If you prefer to register by printing, completing and mailing your Registration Form, you can access the 2020-2021 Registration Form HERE.
- Complete registration online (see link below) or mail completed registration forms to: Laurelwood Preschool-Registration, P.O. Box 54238, San Jose, CA 95154-4238.
- Submit payment via PayPal or check for one month’s tuition plus one $75.00 registration fee per family. Please include your child’s full name in the memo or note section. The registration fee is non-refundable. The one month’s tuition payment made at the time of registration counts as payment for the May 2021 tuition, and will be refunded only if the Business Manager is notified before July 1, 2020 of the withdrawal. No exceptions!
- Children are placed in classes by lottery, based on when registration and payment are received. All the students with the same submission date are grouped, then randomly selected and placed in a class. Laurelwood Preschool makes every effort to place families in their first choice of teacher or time. When demand does not allow this, the school reserves the right to place a child in a class that has space.
- Children not placed in their first choice of teacher or time are added to a waitlist in the order their registration was drawn, for either the teacher or time they requested, depending on the priority indicated at the time of registation. If openings become available, we will use the waitlist to fill those openings with children already admitted to our school, and then admit new students. The Business Manager will contact families if an opening becomes available.
- Acceptance letters and the Acceptance Forms Checklist are delivered to families in March.
- Your child’s placement at Laurelwood Preschool is secured only by the completion of the following by May 1, 2020: submission of all completed admission forms, and clearance of your payment of one month’s tuition as payment for the April 2021 tuition and the $40.00 cleaning deposit.
For additional information regarding registration, please contact the Business Manager at LaurelwoodPreschool@yahoo.com or (408) 656-8795.